Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Korean Movies

The ending of Dream High and My Princess left an empty slot in my daily drama viewing time slot. Both were replaced with series that didn't really capture my interest, Crime Squad and Royal Family. Both seem to be a bit on the heavy side and not so much Rom-Com (though I might check Crime Squad out).
Anyways the past week have left me checking out some Korean movies instead...

so first was Seducing Mr. Perfect: it wasn't what i was expecting, half the dialogue is English by Daniel Henney and the rest of the cast speaking Korean. Somehow they all understand each other? It was very typical Rom-Com esque but very funny in some parts. Entertaining but the ending was a bit meh, and it introduced extra plot themes at the end and beginning that didn't really connect together. Still I liked Henney's accent a lot. (there is something about Korean men speaking english with their american accents *swoon*)


Hello Schoolgirl was incredibly cute and heart lifting. The plot was light as it followed two examples of large age differences in love (an older woman, and older man), but well tied together. It swept me along this heartwarming story. It was very much enjoyed.

Kiss Me, Kill Me was a crazy, cute, brilliant love story of a darker more disturbed kind. I loved how unconventional and different it was. The characters defiantly not the typical Hero and woman in distress, but two people who are both very dark and in a twisted way find love.I love this movie~

Cyrano Agency constantly had me jumping and guessing who would end up with who. It was nice how you couldn't really predict to the last moment how it was going to end. It made me wish that I could have the picture perfect love story ending just once in my life too. I enjoyed seeing Uhm Tae Woong out of sageuk garb (reference Queen Seon Deok), and the ending was totally cute too. 


I can't wait for up coming drama 49 days, I will be getting my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment