Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Impressions: City Hunter

So City Hunter not so shitty after all...

I'm starting at episode 4 after reading the recaps because I never actually expected to like this drama. I don't usually go for anything other than rom-coms, but after reading episode 4 I decided to give it ago.
And its pretty freakin' awesome.
I'm actually not a big fan of Le Min Ho, but I was impressed because he did manage to portray a character complete different from in Personal Taste. I wasn't expecting that, but now I realize he's not just a pretty face.
What I think is most awesome is that Yoon Seung doesn't want to kill people for revenge. I think this just makes the drama really. He's bad ass and emotionally screwed, but has the best sense of justice. Underneath all that angst he is a good hearted guy. Its the kind of embodiment of a classic superhero and a clear comparison with Batman (He's somewhere in between George Clooney and Christen Bale).
The other great thing is that the love story isn't just on the side, it's fully incorporated into the plot of the drama, but it doesn't dominate either.

Can't wait for this week's episodes; bringing the total drama count to 5 ^^keke

No comments:

Post a Comment